I’m keeping a running list of thanksgiving–30 Days of Thanksgiving to be exact–for the month of November. I’m forcing myself to remember Thanksgiving is a choice, a way of thinking and a way of life. It’s more than just a day at the end of the month of November. I’m inviting you to please join me. Who cares if it’s already November 30th, jump in anyway! You’ll be glad you did. If you blog, leave a link in the comments; if you don’t leave your list in the comments.
447. Visiting with an old friend
448. A box of some good books
449. Getting home before the cold front came in
450. Enough wood by the back porch for the next day or so
451. Nursing a toddler to sleep
452. Seeing Godsons with their sweet family, holding nieces or nephews or serving on the altar
453. Ice cream cones for the kids from Uncle Sam
455. Singing God of Mercy and Compassion for the recessional hymn (& Leo patting my leg and saying, “I yike dis song.”)
I did it! 30 Days of Thanksgiving recorded here on the blog. Some days I barely made it, but I did and I am so pleased I diligently practiced the virtue of thanksgiving for 30 days. I may actually keep it going here on the blog; the accountability is something I need.
My sweet blogging friend Sarah over at More Than Enough came alongside me this month and I appreciate her counting along with me.